- Comments on the Code
- Functionality of LogEval
- Example Charts from log file analysis
- Download LogEval – the free Server Log Analyzer
The charts are created with JFreeChart.
As always, the source code is attached to the LogEval file available as download below.
- Highly customizable
- Information about the website visitors Browser, Google Search Words that led users to your site, Referrers, Server Responses and Pages visited
- Detailed analyses of the number of (unique) visits to your site
- Entries can be ignored depending on browser, ip, referrer, request and more
The program works out of the box if your log file format is the default format used by the Apache Server by renaming the log file logfile.log and placing it in the main LogEval directory.
If it is not the default format logDateFormat and/or logFormat in the logeval.properties must be changed according to the format. An explanation on how this can be done is provided in the USAGE file. This file also contains detailed descriptions of all available options.
LogEval – Server Log Analyser [2.77 MB]
If you like the tool, please say thanks.
If you do not like it I would like to know why and how I could improve it. In that case you might also want to check out Analog, another free Server Log analysis tool written in C which is quite nice.